dotProject Forums

Go Back   dotProject Forums > DOTPROJECT VERSION 2 > Installation Issues 2.x
Register FAQTop Posters Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Resend Activation Email Mark Forums Read
dotProject Documentation dotProject FAQ Bugs & Feature Requests Language Packs & Themes Download dotProject

Installation Issues 2.x Please use this forum to raise any installation issues you may be experiencing. Use the search facility and check the FAQ's before asking your question please.

Old 29-06-07, 09:41 PM
Valued Users
Return Visitor
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Operating System Version:
Browser:

Default E-Mail-Problem with admin@localhost

Hello Everybody,

my hoster informed me, that he got E-Mails to admin@localhost. I changed the E-Mail field by the first user "admin", I use php to send E-Mails, but I have filled in the fields from SMTP-Host (preventive). My hoster get still E-Mail to "admin@localhost" I don't now any idea, who is the E-Mail Adress. I don't get system E-Mail e.g. Trouble-Ticket, this get still to the "admin@localhost" So i have now changed the username for admin in the configuration file.

I habe too other problems with the dP perhaps is it that? I have problems with upload files and with project-task, but only in the user-administration. But I think, I post this problems better in own threads,

Old 16-05-09, 02:46 PM
Return Visitor
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Browser:

Lightbulb Re: E-Mail-Problem with admin@localhost

I had exact problem that trouble tickets bounced back because of this 'admin@localhost' problem in ver 2.1.2. When I googled 'dotproject admin@localhost', this thread showed up on the top, so I share my fix here hoping to save others some time.
Fix:
- go to mysql table 'sysvals', using phpmyadmin or mysql client
- in the table, item #17 'TicketNotify' has a pre-defined list like (0|admin@localhost, 1|admin@localhost,2|admin@localhost,3|admin@localh ost, 4|admin@localhost).
- I changed first four from admin@localhost to a real valid email address (my yahoo email for example), like (0|real@yahoo.com,1|real@yahoo.com,2|real@yahoo.co m,3|real@yahoo.com), and left '4|admin@localhost' unchanged. Withouting knowing why there were five values there, I didn't erase any of them.
- save the change and log out of mysql
Now when I issue a new ticket, I don't have this email error problem any more.

cheers

Old 18-10-09, 07:46 AM
New Participant
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Browser:

Default Re: E-Mail-Problem with admin@localhost

That worked for me also, just in case it helps someone, the number before the mail address corresponds to priority of the ticket e.g low priority mails to mail no 0, normal mails to 1 and so on ..

Old 01-03-12, 07:36 AM
Return Visitor
dotProject Version: 2.1.5
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: 5.1
Operating System Version: Linux
Browser: Safari

Default Re: E-Mail-Problem with admin@localhost

If anybody else is also having this problem then you can change it within the admin panel under "System Lookup Values", you can edit the values in there without leaving dotProject.

Cheers