dotProject Forums

Go Back   dotProject Forums > DOTPROJECT VERSION 2 > Installation Issues 2.x
Register FAQTop Posters Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Resend Activation Email Mark Forums Read
Bugs & Feature Requests Download dotProject

Installation Issues 2.x Please use this forum to raise any installation issues you may be experiencing. Use the search facility and check the FAQ's before asking your question please.

Old 02-05-16, 12:40 PM
New Participant
dotProject Version: 2.1.7
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: Nothing Selected
Operating System Version: Windows
Browser: Other

Default Re: Possible Module "user" missing!

I understand it has been some time since OP had issues, but I figured this out after running into the issue about 2 hours ago and repeatedly coming back to this exact post in hopes i would have some kind of epitome or something.
Thankfully, I did.

So the solution is to duplicate your "admin" directory into a fresh directory with your username.

Explaination:
Within myPHPAdmin the modules shows that each module is being called to a specific directory, and when i checked a manual download of dotproject, I noticed that the only one that had files pertaining to users, was the "admin" folder. So at first I went back and tried to alter myPHPAdmin to call to the "admin" directory, but once I did that, it would "erase" the User Admin tab from my dotproject. So then I went back to staring at this post and the direcotries until I finally thought to just Copy the "admin" directory, and name the new directory "myusernamehere" in side that modules folder (Using an FTP by the way.) the User Admin tab came back and worked as if nothing had ever gone wrong.

Hope this helped to whoever had problems over the years, finally a solution.

Old 12-10-16, 12:31 AM
New Participant
dotProject Version: 2.1.7
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: 5.4
Operating System Version: Linux
Browser: Mozilla

Smile Re: Possible Module "user" missing!

Hello.
This happens because it does not find the "admin" user folder, wich is the default user.

I'm with Hostgator too and had the same problem. The solution above is valid.

I preferred to uninstall and reinstall naming "admin" the admin user instead of using a different name. Problem solved and now I can enter this tab and create as many users I need.