dotProject Forums

Go Back   dotProject Forums > DOTMODS - ADD ON MODULES > dotmods - Add On Modules - General Questions
Register FAQTop Posters Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Resend Activation Email Mark Forums Read
Bugs & Feature Requests Download dotProject

dotmods - Add On Modules - General Questions Use this forum to ask questions or seek answers about any of the dotmods / add on dotProject modules. These modules are normally supported by the authors of the modules and/or other users - NOT by the core dotProject development team.

Old 18-07-10, 09:55 AM
Development Team Member
Utter Fanatic
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Operating System Version:
Browser:

Default Re: 2.0 Compatible Add on Modules - devs please read

Haven't heard of something like that.
Old 28-07-10, 07:02 AM
New Participant
dotProject Version: 2.1.3
php Version: 5.2
MySQL Version: 5.2
Operating System Version: Windows
Browser: Firefox

I saw someone say the documentation about what the add-ons do is in the wiki, but the wiki doesn't talk about

FlexGantt
Details
Opportunities
Annotations
Interactive Gantt
Holiday
and others. I am happy to try to document, but don't have time to download all of these and install and take screenshots. I personally am interested most in the Gantt addons, does anyone know what these do, features etc?

Thanks!

Old 29-07-10, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Utter Fanatic
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Browser:

Add-ons are normally supplied without warranty and by third parties, so the core team often don't even know they exist until someone mentions them in the forums. If you can contribute to the add-ons, that is great, however it is probably best to try and work with the add-on developer.
Old 04-10-11, 02:16 AM
New Participant
dotProject Version: 2.1.5
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: 5.2
Operating System Version: Linux

Hi!
I'm a new dotproject user (and french... sry for my english)
I would like to know if it is possible to create a sub-project or if a mod can allow us to do that. So, the Gantt chart is very basic; is there a module more flexible ? (not generated a picture but something like flash chart or JS chart for more interactive action and visibility) Is there a mod project to make the gantt more usefull? (color, interactivity, easy zoom)
If not exist, i'm going to work on it, but not before two month (lot of work...)

Thank u and dotproject is a very good project, like it.

Good job!

Old 24-04-12, 04:59 PM
New Participant
dotProject Version: 2.1.5
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: Nothing Selected
Operating System Version: Linux

It's a long time since I coded, now I am a PM...
I am working right now on the Risks module, fixed a few incompatibilities with newer version of PHP (Risks code dates back to 2005).
I hope I can finish it in the very next days.

Questions:
  • Where should I post the modified code?
  • The code was initially developed by CaseySoftware LLC. Who owns the code right now?
  • I'd like to make some enhancements - namely, adding a risk response strategy, calculating the risk impact, and adding a list of action items related to the risk response.
    Is there any kind of "Product Manager" prioritising the requirements and deciding what will go into the next version of the module?

Thanks for the anwer in advance. I'm quite new to the open software development community, thus I need a bit of help.

Cheers
Massimo

Old 24-04-12, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Utter Fanatic
dotProject Version:
php Version:
MySQL Version:
Browser:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdulisse View Post
It's a long time since I coded, now I am a PM...
I am working right now on the Risks module, fixed a few incompatibilities with newer version of PHP (Risks code dates back to 2005).
I hope I can finish it in the very next days.
Great!
Quote:
Questions:
  • Where should I post the modified code?
Post it on the sourceforge dotmods page as a patch, or send me your sourceforge details and I'll get you commit access. My address is my handle at dotproject dot net.
Quote:
  • The code was initially developed by CaseySoftware LLC. Who owns the code right now?
The general principle is that the copyright is owned by the original developer, although if your changes are more than just bug fixes you can claim copyright on those parts you have written. If there is a copyright notice you can add a note to the bottom that certain parts have been modified by xxx.
Quote:
  • I'd like to make some enhancements - namely, adding a risk response strategy, calculating the risk impact, and adding a list of action items related to the risk response.
    Is there any kind of "Product Manager" prioritising the requirements and deciding what will go into the next version of the module?
No, you are free to add what you want, that is the joy of open source.
Quote:
Thanks for the anwer in advance. I'm quite new to the open software development community, thus I need a bit of help.

Cheers
Massimo
No problems, Massimo, welcome to the fold!