dotProject Forums

Go Back   dotProject Forums > USAGE, TIPS AND HINTS > General Questions
Register FAQTop Posters Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Resend Activation Email Mark Forums Read
Bugs & Feature Requests Download dotProject

General Questions Use this forum to ask questions or provide suggestions about general usage and how to's within the core dotProject modules. These modules include: Calendar, Tasks and Projects, Files, Contacts, Permissions, Forums, User Administration, System Administration etc.

Old 16-01-17, 03:24 AM
Return Visitor
dotProject Version: 2.1.6
php Version: 5.3
MySQL Version: 5.4
Operating System Version: Linux
Browser: Firefox

Default Success: Getting dotProject to work on nginx and PHP 7.1

Hi there,

I upgraded to PHP 7 and notiiced that dotProject is severely broken due to removed functions in PHP 7. I also noticed that the official git repository is out of date, and that fixes and updates are not happening very frequently.

I therefore converted the stable_2 branch on SVN to a new git project (change history preserved) and fixed everything that kept me from working. I did not do any extensive testing but I doubt that there are any serious issues left. All the fixes are on a public bitbucket repo, and I will keep pushing changes there as I find issues. By the way, nginx seems to work without any issues as well.

The repo: https://bitbucket.org/diontruter/dotproject

Is there anyone in charge I can engage with to help out further?

Thanks
Dion

Old 21-01-17, 08:10 PM
Return Visitor

Default Re: Success: Getting dotProject to work on nginx and PHP 7.1

1. Pushed feature/php71-fixes to develop.

2. Fixed column sorting and display problem on the child tasks view of the task view page - the sort URL was incorrectly sanitized, rendering the column heading invisible and unsortable.

Latest version is here (still on the develop branch until I am sure where to put all the fixes):

https://bitbucket.org/diontruter/dot...branch/develop

Old 22-01-17, 02:15 AM
Return Visitor

1. Defaults for creating new tasks:

Allow task duration of a new task to be set to 0 instead of turning empty values into 1. This way you can see which tasks do not have a time estimate yet.

When neither the parent task nor project have an end date, set the default end date of a new task to 1 week after the start date (which defaults to the current date already). This removes the need to select an arbitrary date when entering new tasks with no explicit end date.

2. Task list enhancements:

In task lists or child task lists, treat all non-closed tasks as active. Without this it is pointless to have custom task statuses (tasks with custom statuses simply disappear).

Bring active and inactive lists to child tasks in order to be consistent with the project view of tasks.

When navigating to child tasks with no children the selected tab is greater than the number of tabs, leading to a broken display. Therefore whenever a task has no children, default to the first tab if a tab is not specified.

In tab view check that the selected tab is not out of range, make it the first tab if needed.

-----

Latest version is here (still on the develop branch until I am sure where to put all the fixes):

Old 23-01-17, 01:34 AM
Return Visitor

1. Made it possible to hide users from lists

Made tweaks and extensions to this current rule:
- You can see contacts that are (1) not private OR (2) private but you are the owner OR (3) private with no owner

Changed user dropdown on project list as well as users available for task assignment to also follow the above rule
- You can now make users private and assign them to an admin user in order to hide ex employees etc
- Users that are private and owned by a designated admin user no longer clutter dropdown lists

Since the contact owner of private contacts was previously system assigned, made the contact owner selectable on the contact page

Show private status and contact owner on user page

2. Miscellaneous bugs / issues

Fixed misspelled label tab in allocateduserhours.php
Changed commented out JS code containing PHP code to a PHP comment in projects/addedit.php. Now PHP code will not needlessly be executed and the commented out code will not be rendered.

-----

Old 30-01-17, 06:01 AM
Return Visitor

Changed the display format of users in dropdown lists on the project and task edit pages to be Name and then Surname.

-----

https://github.com/diontruter/dotproject-continued